American African Restoration Resources
For more than a decade Larry Colbert, founder and president of The Colbert House LLC, has ministered American African restoration and conducted racial reconciliation summits through presentations and short courses.
Look at how Nehemiah 1:3 describes the broken condition of Jerusalem:
“And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province [are] in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also [is] broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire.”
Walls broken down and gates burned with fire too often describe the state of American Africans, often traceable to slavery and racial discrimination, and other African descendants of slaves.
“When our walls are broken down and our gates are burned with fire, we cannot make out who we are. We don’t look like ourselves. Our image is distorted, missing pieces, cracked, charred and crumbled. Brokenness causes confusion. And in this confusion we often do not recognize the traits and characteristics and skills and inclination that God built in us to enable us to reach the destiny He designed us for.
“We see our flaws magnified by the distortions. We look at our uniqueness as very common rather than designed by God.”
(Foundations in American African Restoration Instructor’s Manual)
“The Lord wants to restore American Africans from the brokenness we have suffered for 400 years in the United States of America,” said Colbert “and to develop vibrant racial unity in the Kingdom between American Africans and Caucasians and among other races around the globe.”
Here are a few comments from ministry, presentations and short courses:
“This was my first Summit, I don't think it will be my last. I've been richly blessed. Every speaker spoke to an issue in my life. I will be able to apply things I’ve learned today in my personal life. My spiritual walk and my work life. Thanks . . .”
- “This was my first Summit, I don't think it will be my last. I've been richly blessed. Every speaker spoke to an issue in my life. I will be able to apply things I’ve learned today in my personal life. My spiritual walk and my work life. Thanks . . .”
- “Really enjoyed the experience. Loved the variety of speakers.”
- “I thought your (speaker Larry Colbert) presentation was exceptional.”
- “I was impressed with the way you (speaker Calvin Prince) presented your material.”
- “It [AAR 1001: Foundations in American African Restoration Bible Study] revealed to me, a Christian for over 30 years, that I yet have some deep rooted animosity toward white people. . . The enormous amount of support material . . . used in his instruction was immensely informative. . . He has the temperament necessary to address this subject matter even when we are discussing old wounds that are yet open sores in my mind and heart.”
- “Awesome materials/topics. Awesome discussions.
Colbert is available for presentations, conferences, seminars or workshops through this blog.